a) Join our team of volunteers
‘How do people manage if they can’t get to a place like this?’
We are currently actively recruiting volunteers to join our friendly team.
‘Thank you for listening to me’
Regular hours: choose 9.30am – 11.30am or 11.30am – 1pm, once a week (or fortnight).
Purpose of the role: the volunteers’ main role is to welcome clients to the centre. Volunteers also support clients use the phone, laptop and photocopier, and serve hot drinks while clients wait to see an advisor.
Full training is provided for the role.
‘I could not have done this without your support’
Maybe you are
- Working part-time
- Studying part-time
- A parent with children at school
- A teacher free during school holidays, we’ll add you to the waiting list.
‘I thought I was non-judgmental until I started work at Filwood Hope. I have changed for the better’
The application process (timescale typically 4 weeks between steps 1 and 7)
- Contact Filwood Hope to express your interest in volunteering: email@example.com or 0117 963 4566
- Observe a session
- Mutual agreement whether to proceed or withdraw
- Sign the Volunteer Guidelines
- You are now on the rota
‘I have come to realise that the most important person is the one in front of me at any given time and that they deserve my full attention’
b) Join the board
We are currently recruiting trustees.
For this role, it is a requirement to be a practicing Christian who offers humility in service.
If you have an interest in Fundraising, HR, IT, H&S, Finance, Safeguarding, or Procedures, that’s a bonus.
New for 2022: we are also seeking a trustee or more who live, work or worship in Filwood ward; and/or with lived experience relevant to our services.
Time: 5 evening meetings a year and a visit during opening hours.
Informal expressions of interest are encouraged – contact our Chair of Trustees using the contact details at the top of this page.
Eligibility and expectations of the role are described in our trustee policy.
c) Offer your skills
We are seeking pro-bono support from professionals to deliver on our 2022-2025 development plan.
In particular, we would welcome help from:
- PHOTOGRAPHER to develop a photo library we can use in advertising our service or in fundraising
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER to develop a pamphlet we can use to describe to grant-making trusts why they should fund our work
- WEB DESIGNER to develop our website to be engaging for a donor audience
This could be anything from half a day one-off to regular support.
Help raise donations through an event, a Facebook fundraiser, a sponsored challenge or by hosting a tea party.