Join our team of volunteers!
‘How do people manage if they can’t get to a place like this?’
We are currently actively recruiting volunteers to join our friendly team.
‘Thank you for listening to me’
Regular hours: choose 9.30am – 11.30am or 11.30am – 1pm, once a week (or fortnight). And new for 2018’s evening opening: Tuesday afternoon or evening slots
Purpose of the role: the volunteers’ main role is to welcome clients to the centre. Volunteers also support clients use the phone, laptop and photocopier, and serve hot drinks while clients wait to see an advisor.
Full training is provided for the role.
‘I could not have done this without your support’
Maybe you are
- Working part-time
- Studying part-time
- A parent with children at school
- NEW! A teacher free during school holidays, we’ll add you to the waiting list.
- NEW! Starting in January 2018, we are opening the centre an evening a week so that people can access our services without booking time off work. So get in touch if you would be free to help with the new additional opening hours, namely Tuesdays 4pm – 6pm or 6pm – 8pm.
‘I thought I was non judgemental until I started work at Filwood Hope. I have changed for the better’
The application process (timescale typically 4 weeks between steps 1 and 7)
- Contact Filwood Hope to express your interest in volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 963 4566
- Observe a session
- Mutual agreement whether to proceed or withdraw
- Sign the Volunteer Guidelines
- You are now on the rota
‘I have come to realise that the most important person is the one in front of me at any given time and that they deserve my full attention’