Join our team of volunteers!
‘How do people manage if they can’t get to a place like this?’
We are currently actively recruiting volunteers to join our friendly team.
‘Thank you for listening to me’
Regular hours: choose 9.30-11.30 or 11.30-1pm, once a week (or fortnight).
Purpose of the role: the volunteers’ main role is to show clients they are welcome. Volunteers can also help clients use the phone, laptop, fax or photocopier, or serve a hot drink while the client waits to see an advisor.
Full training is provided for the role.
‘ I could not have done this without your support’
Maybe you are
- Working part-time
- Studying part-time
- A parent with children at school
- NEW! A teacher free during school holidays, we’ll add you to the waiting list.
- NEW! Our trustees are keen to pilot an evening session. So get in touch if you would be free on a weekday evening and would like to volunteer at the centre, we’ll add you to the waiting list.
‘I thought I was non judgemental until I started work at Filwood Hope. I have changed for the better’
The application process (timescale typically 4 weeks between steps 1 and 7)
- Contact Filwood Hope to express your interest in volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 963 4566
- Observe a session
- Mutual agreement whether to proceed or withdraw
- Sign the Volunteer Guidelines
- You are now on the rota
‘I have come to realise that the most important person is the one in front of me at any given time and that they deserve my full attention’